IS IT TIME TO SELL?
Selling your business is a major decision!
You have devoted your time, money, and energy into building, running, and operating your business. It may represent your life’s work. If you’ve decided that now is the right time to sell, you want the very best professional guidance you can get. Working in tandem with a professional from Business Finders Canada can make the difference between just getting rid of your business and selling it for the very best price and terms.
More Buyers than Sellers
Business Finders Canada is based in Kelowna, B.C. We are able to serve all your professional business broker/commercial needs. We help business owners sell their business in a confidential manner to a pre-qualified buyer.
We are working with buyers seriously looking for businesses between $250,000 and $10 million.
We provide a consultation at no obligation where we’ll outline our business sale and marketing plan that outlines the steps we take to protect confidentiality and the ways we find buyers.
Business Finders Canada offers…
- Confidentiality at all times – before, during and after the sale – backed by non-disclosures agreements!
- Qualified buyers by net worth, credit and experience – they must qualify prior to disclosure!
- Valuation – we can put a professional value on your business!
- We disclose all materials for review!
- Expertise – over 200 years’ experience among our brokers!
- Network marketing – locally, nationally and internationally!
- Motivated – we only take listings we feel we can sell!
- We earn our fee by getting the sale closed
Sell Your Western Canada Business
CONFIDENTIALITY IS PRIORITY #1
So much can depend on confidentiality. Sound working relations with employees, customers, suppliers, and bankers are important factors to a company. Any premature indication of a possible change in ownership could disrupt these relations and weaken the company’s competitive position. For these reasons – and many others – confidentiality is critically important at all stages. With the proper procedures, it is possible to minimize the risk of an untimely disclosure. Using us to sell your business ensures that a professional business broker will be handling your transaction under strict confidentiality. We discreetly find sellers and connect them with qualified buyers. We sell businesses with a stringent code of ethics.
We use every resource at our disposal – including our very own Business Buyer Pipeline that you may have seen on our home page – to find qualified buyers for your business. Many of the businesses we’ve sold come through our buyer pool, and we have new buyers contacting us almost every day.
The importance of confidentiality at all times during the sales process is the most important ingredient in the successful sale of an existing business. In most cases, we don’t list publicly on MLS for everyone to find. Businesses have employees, customers, competition and possibly landlords and creditors who will be affected. Revealing a sale prematurely could permanently harm the business being sold.
In order to prepare a business for sale, you should gather all the information that a potential buyer will ask for and rely on when making a buying decision. Undertake a thorough review of the company books, and other corporate records and ensure that all are complete and up to date. Similarly, make sure that all tax returns, government filings and licences have been been completed, filed and are current.
Most buyers want to see:
- Up to five years of accountant-prepared financials with profit and loss statements
- The interim profit and loss statement for the current year
- Equipment list and value of equipment at current market value (used)
- Inventory list with value of inventory at your cost (not retail)
- List of any leased equipment
- Copy of the property assessment and or copy of the lease
- Employment contracts
- Vehicle list
- List of upgrades to business and property
- Franchise or licensing agreements
Here is what you DO NOT want to do…
- Tell anyone that you are going to sell – confidentiality is of utmost importance
- Change the business models or daily operations
- Take cash out of the business that will alter subsequent financial statements
#1 1990 Landsdowne Place,… $0.00
MLS #: 10173870
Desirable location south of Reid’s Corner with Highway 97 frontage. This is a great space for a growing business with quick access to both the airport and UBCO. Bright corner unit with wall to wall windows. Over 4000 square feet available. Walls can easily be added to the open space. Lower office area is 1300+ square feet plus lower level warehouse is 1050+ square feet. Warehouse has 14×14 foot door with grade level loading area. Second floor is 1800 square feet with main interior access plus separate stairs leading to exterior access. Lease includes top spot on sign for building that is visible from the frontage of Highway 97. 3phase power set up with 200amp, sprinkler system, alarm system and plumbing installed. (id:20794)
#8 889 Vaughan Avenue,… $0.00
MLS #: 10180780
A unique 3 building 24 Unit Strata Lot development scheduled for completion in December 2019. Clement Business Park is in the Heart of the new “Packing District”. Developer is looking for specialty business’ to adopt this area as their new business home. Call for more details. PROUDLY MARKETED BY DON GAGNON, ROYAL LEPAGE KELOWNA 250-870-0567 . Call Don today to discuss what your business model can bring to this exciting new development. (id:20794)